Due to Covid restrictions the office is closed, if you have an urgent query please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONE OF THE UK’s leading commercial nurseries has this month (November, 2018) unveiled its new amenity crop range for 2020. Eight new plants have been carefully selected by the team at Wyevale Nurseries based on their habit, colour and functionality.
Kyle Ross, Production Manager at Wyevale Nurseries based in Hereford, explained: “We have been trialling and testing these plants over the past two years to ensure the crops we put forward are the absolute best for our customers.
“Trialling consists of reviews of the plant’s hardiness, comparing different growing and pruning methods and monitoring susceptibility to pest and diseases.”
The selection includes:
- Amelanchier ‘Rainbow Pillar’ – a compact, upright small tree, which is mildew tolerant.
- Teucrium fruticans ‘Selection’ – round and tough silver foliaged with purple flowers, an excellent Lavandula alternative.
- Sycoparrotia ‘Purple Haze’ – a rare new introduction. A low growing and spreading shrub, autumn foliage colours of purple, yellow, red and orange.
- Viburnum nudum ‘Brandywine’ – an excellent, branching plant with glossy red leaves.
- Viburnum dentatum ‘Blue Muffin’ – eye-catching, upright with diamond leaves. Multi-functional use within planting schemes or hedges.
- Dianella ‘Blue Stream’ – a clumping Dianella, strong and vigorous with Glaucus blue foliage.
- Anthyllis Barba-jovis – Jupiter’s Beard – this coastal specimen boasts an incredible upright habit, with feathery silver foliage. Perfect as a focal plant.
- Euonymus ‘White Spire – brand new to the trade and a Wyevale Nurseries’ exclusive, this compact shrub has some of the best variegation Euonymus has to offer. It can be used as hedging or for border planting.
John Lawrence, Amenity & Landscape Sales Key Account Manager at Wyevale Nurseries, added: “We’ve seen a growing demand from our customers looking to bring added value to their plant schemes, be it different colours, different textures or the need to respond to challenging site conditions like we saw with this year’s hot summer.
“That coupled with increased scrutiny of plant health means it’s a great opportunity to be able to explore and offer new high-quality solutions to an ever-changing landscape from our own production and offer these to the UK landscape market.”
The product selection available from Wyevale Nurseries is envied across the industry and the talented team regularly introduces new, award-winning plant varieties.
Its main business is to supply garden centres, landscape contractors, local authorities, foresters and landowners with a comprehensive array of trees, shrubs, hedging, herbaceous and specimen plants.
For further details about Wyevale Nurseries, which is based in Hereford, please call 01432 845 200, visit www.wyevalenurseries.co.uk, follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/WyevaleNurs or log on to www.facebook.com/WyevaleNurs.