To be in with a chance of winning two top-quality padlocks, enter our competition in conjunction with Nothing But Padlocks.
The two padlocks, Abus 701B/45 – a brass, double-bolted padlock with a sealed lock body – and the smaller Abus 155/30, with combination for keyless entry, will be given away to one lucky reader.
Jonathan Low-Hang from Nothing But Padlocks tells Garden Trade Specialist about why every garden centre needs to use AND stock top-quality locks.
What range of products do you stock for garden centres?
We stock a wide range of padlocks for garden centres. For ease of access in environments with multiple users, most businesses in the UK look toward a combination padlock.
Some of the most popular include the Abus 180IB series and the Squire CP40S series.
But if you’re looking for something with a bit more security a key system would be better to be used. “keyed alike” padlocks essentially mean that the same key will open multiple padlocks.
We have found that the Abus 24IB series in a diskus design. Is a very secure padlock in this category.
But there may well be a need to secure a gate, lock box or doorway where you don’t quite need the level of security offered by the Abus 24IB. You could then choose a “keyed different” padlock. Meaning that the key will only open the padlock it comes with.
A couple of great choices include the tried and tested Abus 70IB series and the new addition to the existing popular Abus Rock series the Abus silver rock series.
Are they for use at the garden centre as well as for selling to customers?
These padlocks are great multipurpose padlocks that can be used in garden centres as well as sold to customers. The padlocks have the benefit of being waterproof. Some of them will even work well if you’re located by the sea. They also are very secure, especially padlocks such as the Abus 24IB series, it effectively acts as a closed shackle more high-security padlock.
When selling to customers these padlocks have been used for everything from toolboxes, sheds, gates and allotments.
What makes your business stand out from competitors?
We maintain high levels of Customer Service by enabling our customers to speak to us either over the phone, by email or even live chat through the website. We feel the human factor is missing in a lot of interactions these days and want to ensure that customers contacting us to discuss an order, to get a quote or for just some help looking for the right product that we are there to help.
We pride ourselves on the knowledge of our team. With have a wealth of knowledge about the industry sector and want to ensure that when advising customers about products that they are fit for purpose.
Working closely with the manufacturers we have developed quality products that are secure and reliable.
Tell us about your best-selling product…
Our best selling products for garden centres are the Abus 70IB and the Abus 180IB.
Both from Abus these padlocks offer a great level of security and the option of either using them with a key as seen in the Abus 70IB or with a combination with the Abus 180IB.
Both padlocks are great to use in outdoor situations as they have mechanisms that should not rust. The Abus 70IB can also be used in locations where there is sea/salt water environments close by.
The padlocks can be purchased in bulk if required and there are varying levels of discounts for each product. Next day delivery via courier is available for faster shipping.
What plans do you have for the future of the business?
Nothing But Padlocks has been trading online for nine years. We feel we are the leading specialist in padlock supply in the UK.
We expect to provide further specialist advice to larger organisations such as the MET police as well as the individual customer.
In the future, we are looking to work with manufacturers to help to develop new products to provide further increases in security and quality in the marketplace.
To enter the competition, see the Rafflecopter link here:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*The administrator of this competition is Garden Trade Specialist Magazine ("administrator"). By participating in the competition, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Administrator is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the competition. Entrants should look solely to Administrator with any questions, comments or problems related to the Competition. Administrator may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org during the Promotion Period.
* This giveaway will close at 12.00am, 31st May 2018.
* The prize is Two ABUS Padlocks sponsored by Nothing But Padlocks. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable. There is no cash alternative.
* Open to UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Administrator, the sponsor, their families and anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
* There is one compulsory entry which requests that to enter the competition you answer a question based on ‘ Nothing But Padlocks’ information. Additional entries are available.
* The prize winner will be asked to provide their email address so that contact can be made to arrange prize delivery, and their name and county be published in the next issue of the magazine
* By entering the competition, you grant the Administrator permission to add your details to the mailing list, share your email address and any other personally identifiable information with the other competition Entities for the purpose of administration and prize fulfillment, including use in a publicly available Winners list.
* Entries will only be accepted as instructed and any entrant that does not complete the qualifying requirements will be disqualified
* The winner will be chosen using the random entry selector built into the widget.
* The winners will be informed by email within 5 days of the closing date, and must respond within 5 days to claim their prize. If there is no response within the 5 days and new winner will be drawn at random.
*This prize draw is governed by English law and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.